The Office of Research and Graduate Studies seeks nominations of faculty from the colleges for Undergraduate Research Mentors of the Year. (Submissions can only be made by the college deans’ offices). Colleges are urged to specifically reach out to all RCDE units for inclusion in their college-wide processes. This faculty award was inaugurated in 2003 to recognize outstanding faculty as mentors of undergraduate researchers. A good faculty mentor provides a role model for methods of inquiry in a field of study and for the responsible conduct of research. Good mentors often provide students with their first entry into professional circles and support the dissemination of the student’s work as through professional conference participation or publication.
- The faculty nominee must be a current employee of USU or have retired within the past 12 months prior to submission.
- The faculty nominee must be the newly selected College Undergraduate Research Mentor of the Year for this college.
- Name and A # of nominee
- 200-word bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type headshot preferred)
- Colleges will conduct college specific processes to select College Undergraduate Research Mentors of the Year Awardees.
- Colleges are urged to specifically reach out to all appropriate RCDE units for inclusion in their college-wide processes.
- Deans will complete the online form to submit one name.
- Deadline for online submission to the RGS Office is JANUARY 31, 2017.