The Office of Research and Graduate Studies seeks nominations from the colleges for outstanding graduate students to be considered for University Graduate Student Teacher of the Year. (Submissions can only be made by the college deans’ offices). All college Graduate Student Teachers of the Year should be submitted to be part of the selection pool, from which one will be chosen as the University Graduate Student Teacher of the Year.
- Student must be selected and endorsed by his or her college dean. (Submission process for colleges only.)
- Name and A # of nominee
- Curriculum vitae in standard format
- No more than 3 letters of support (writers should address specific examples of teaching work and effectiveness)
- A 2-page statement by the candidate (detailing and discussion of teaching experiences and student feedback, with an emphasis on USU involvement )
- 200-word bio of the nominee
- Current photograph (professional-type headshot preferred)
- Colleges should seek broad input to identify college nominees.
- Colleges will utilize a college-specific process of selection
- College deans will make the final decision in selecting the college Graduate Student Teacher of the Year.
- The college deans’ offices will fill out the online form to submit their selectees for consideration.
- The Office of Research and Graduate Studies, in consultation with ASUSU, will select the University Graduate Student Teacher of the Year from the nominees submitted online.
- Deadline for online submission to the RGS Office is JANUARY 31, 2017.
- The University Graduate Student Teacher of the Year will receive a $300 monetary award.
- Nominees will be invited to hear the recipient announced at USU’s Robins Awards Ceremony.
- College nominees will be recognized at the Student Research Awards Ceremony during USU’s Research Week.